Monday, April 15, 2013

Strange Happenings

So my mother calls me last week and tells me about a strange phone call she had just received. Some 'research' company had called her and started asking her questions about her relatives, ancestors, etc. Said they were doing "Estate Research" for a distant relative who had passed away, no descendants, no will. My mom checked into it and they are a legitimate company, and what they are doing is "for real". So she may get a few bucks out of this whole thing (the distant cousin did not have a sizable estate & it will be divided among quite a few cousins) - but I am MORE excited about getting in touch with some cousins on a line that I have struggled finding information on!! When the whole thing is settled, they will share with my mom the information they have discovered in their research. I am also asking them to share my contact information with the cousins so that (if interested) they can contact me about Genealogy! I guess we just never know when a door may be opened....or how! I'll keep you posted.


FOLLOW UP: May 25, 2013 - SO EXCITED!! One of these cousins mentioned above found me on Ancestry & we are now in contact & friends on Facebook! So excited to find a new cousin!!! Just beginning to share information - it will be fun to get to know her & other cousins she can put me in contact with!!

More to come....I'm sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment